A Walk in the Clouds Karen Taggart

Resolution Shmesolution

January 3, 2014 by Karen Taggart - 4 Comments

Did you make it till midnight on New Year’s Eve? This is the first year I wondered if I’d be able to stay awake or not. Life with a 2 year old…how things change. 🙂

Although Reid and I did stay awake (did they even show the ball drop? We missed it. Hmm…) we have an unopened bottle of champagne, so I absolutely MUST find, or create, something to celebrate!

I’ve never actually made a New Year’s resolution. Maybe I didn’t want to set myself up for failure and regret? Mostly I think I always knew they were too temporary. I LOVE planning, goal setting, and list making, but the key is to not stop there.

Thanks to some amazing ladies (and a few equally amazing guys) who I follow online, 2013 was the first time I “got out of my head” and took action! I launched this site in September and started posting and working at it consistently in December.

I’m slowly working my way through some awesome life and business yearly planners that I’d like to share with you. Should you really do all of these? Well, no. How is that consistent with my message of simplifying? Uh…it’s not. 🙂

BUT I love planning so much that I decided to work through them all this year and then choose the best one or two to continue with next year. And maybe I’ll save YOU some time (and possibly money)?

Leonie Dawson’s “2014 Create Your Amazing Year” Business & Life Workbooks – beautiful, colorful (unless you print yours in black & white like I did last year…splurge for the color!), artistic, and oh-so-amazing!  I highly recommend Leonie’s workbooks (you can get the business or life versions or both!) and new this year is the print version!  (Confession time…I am an affiliate for these workbooks, but that’s only because I absolutely LOVE them!)  The digital version is $9.95 or get both versions for only $17.90!  Or get the beautiful print version of both workbooks for around $27.

Michele Lisenbury Christensen’s Guide To Crafting An Amazing Year and The Couples’ Guide to Crafting An Amazing Year – I just finished the personal guide today and it was SO great!  You may be thinking…how many freakin’ planners do I need?  But Michele’s is different.  Michele is different!  🙂  She promotes happy, loving, fully-connected marriages and all that brings to the world.  Awesome!  Reid and I are going to go through the couples’ guide hopefully soon.  Watch out 2014! 😉  Best part?  Michele’s guides are FREE!  Babam!

Amber McCue’s Fresh Start workbook from NiceOps – I was super lucky and WON Amber’s Fresh Start workbook after participating in her incredibly valuable FREE 2014 Planathon on Facebook (which you can still do here!).  According to Amber, businesses who plan outperform those who don’t by more than 60%!  Don’t be the other 40%.  🙂  This workbook is geared toward your business and dives deep into that aspect of your life…even numbers! (gasp!)  But it is very simple and motivating to use.  I highly recommend it!  One of the best parts is the focus on setting goals and making plans 90 days at a time instead of for the whole year.  Brilliant and oh so doable!  You can get the digital workbook for $27 or the workbook and planning workshop for $47.

So, are you a “planaholic” like me? Tell me in the comments below. Also, have you chosen a word or theme for the year? Please share!

 

Reid and I both chose PROSPERITY for 2014. I love the Wikipedia definition:

Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, good fortune and/or successful social status.  Prosperity often encompasses wealth but also includes others factors which can be independent of wealth to varying degrees, such as happiness and health.

 

Remember, 2014 will be whatever you DECIDE to make it!

Taking baby steps toward your dream is better than giant leaps backward or standing solidly where you are. @karenetaggart

Again, I’d love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts below or email me anytime! Thanks for joining me on this journey.

Karen Taggart A Walk in the Clouds